Posted to alt.home.repair
Jan Jan is offline

Default Ground Level Deck Question s

I would like to get some input on a deck that I am thinking about
building. First of all , I am a 64 yr old lady who will be building
this thing myself, if I go thru with it. I have limited skills, but
am sure I could build a box like deck. My question is, would it be
fesible to do it.

I want to build a 6' x 16' box like deck directly on the ground,,
(think of a pallet like structure only bigger). I feel like I can do
it, but am wondering about how long the wood would last placed
directly on the ground in Tennessee. I would hate to go to the
trouble of building this thing, just to have it rot in 5 yrs or so.

Any observations, pros and cons, would be appreciated...