Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's up with this group?

"Moe" wrote in message

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message
A good many of us are recovering from Google Groups shock, the new
interface makes it so hard to read and post. Perhaps they are all over
at the google groups group complaining.

Eric,

I'm curious of why you post through Google, is it because your ISP doesn't
carry NG's?

Maybe I'm simple minded, but using a newsreader is so much easier to
follow threads, or for posting.

Many, perhaps most, ISPs no longer have newsfeeds, or if they do, they do
not particularly advertise that fact to their new clients. Web sites and
blogs and such have made Usenet a dying world (other than the porn groups,
of course.) I'd bet most Google Groups users think Google owns and runs the
newsgroups, sorta like a gigantic BBS.

aem sends...