Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default What's up with this group?

On Jan 26, 10:30 am, "kayle" wrote:
Actually, I'm rather amused by how so many undies got bunched up once I
whined. I'm also impressed by the sense of community in the group. A
direct diagnosis would have been wonderful, of course. Short of that,
a link like Dean posted or even a suggestion like Edwin gave would have
helped initially. All in all, for a first timer on this or any group
list, it's been educational, entertaining and fair warning . . . 'I'll
be back'! Thanks all! Kayle

Welcome to usenet. You have absolutely no guarantees of getting an
answer at all, let alone a quality answer. Considering what you pay for
the service, any reasonable sort would find that perfectly
understandable. Coming here with demands for a particular level of
"customer service" will generally be met with hostility due to the
aforementioned cost of this service.

Free speech and free will reigns supreme here; if someone wants to make
baseless accusations about the sexual preferences of your mother's
uncle's brother's best friend's lemur in response to a perfectly
innocent question, they will. If they want to ignore you completely,
they will. If they want to give you bad advice, they will. If they want
to give you a piece of advice that could kill you, they will. There is
nothing you can do about it. That is how usenet works. Complaining only
brings more stones and arrows. If you're lucky, people will just
"plonk" you, or put you on their ignore list.