Gunner

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On 19 Feb 2004 18:35:31 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

The states bitch about Unfunded Mandates forced on them by the Feds.
And in many cases they are rightly ****ed.

While this is would be a Mandate..the expenses are already supposed to
be born by the states in providing a quality education. Which they
already spend money on..and damned poorly.

Yep it would be a mandate - but I noticed you dodged the
constitutional issue. If they oppose any kind of mandate,
they will oppose *this* one.

Since when has a State been able to dodge a Federal Mandate? A hell of
a lot of western states would really really like to be able to do
that.

They will say that the federal govenment has no place in
setting educational standards. You of all people should
object to big govenment telling states what to do.

Im a pragmatic libertarian. Indeed there are some things the Feral
Government should handle. And I think setting nationwide educational
standards should be one of them, particularly since we have so much
economic drain to deal with when competing against other nations.

Gunner, admit it, you really do have a copy of "The
Progessive" under your mattress at home! :^)

Jim

Only if you admit to having a copy of Bircher literature under yours.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas