Refinish King

Default Required Tools to stock my shop?

These guys are bolstering their manhood:

By playing headgames with you. I built pro stock as well as pro street
frames. It takes time to learn the fundamentals. It's not as clear cut as
looking at a few and being able to build a frame though.

You have to take into consideration angles of the rear section, to not put
the stress on the driver seating area, but distribute it around the driver
area.

It would be a good idea to start with a new frame for a few cars, then a
weld together kit, just to get the idea how the tubes are formed to
distribute the torque and weight distribution.

I hope this helps and I hope no insult was taken?

Refinish King

"FrOg" wrote in message
I have worked around autos my whole life...my dad was a
mechanic, and I have built 3 different sand cars...restored 2
motorcycles (frame-off) and have always performed my own automotive
work...

I will be graduating from welding (MIG/TIG/ARC) school in 20 weeks and
would really like to get a business going and was just looking for
input from the group as to what they might stock a shop with given the
chance to start from scratch...

here's my wish list so far:

Dewalt Hacksaw
Tape Measure
Engineers Square
Scriber
Vernier Callipers
Protractor
Various files
6" Bench mounted Vise
C clamps & welding clamps
Hammers
sheet metal nibbler
Electric Jig-Saw & Drill
Pop rivit Gun
Pipe Bending tool
Marker Pen
20'' DISC SANDER/GRINDER
1 TON ARBOR PRESS
2 HP 10" BENCH GRINDER
HEAVY DUTY COMBINATION BELT/DISC SANDER
16 SPEED FLOOR DRILL PRESS
1 HP 7" x 12" HYDRAULIC FEED METAL CUTTING BANDSAW
10'' INDUSTRIAL CIRCULAR COLD SAW
PIPE AND TUBING NOTCHER
17'' BANDSAW
HEAVY DUTY ROLLER STAND
HEAVY DUTY GRINDER STAND WITH STORAGE TRAY
HEAVY DUTY PIPE BENDER
WHEEL CLAMP TIRE CHANGER
10 PC. COLOR CODED METRIC T-HANDLED HEX KEY SET
10 PC. COLOR CODED SAE T-HANDLED HEX KEY SET
2 PC. NUT SPLITTER SET
45 PC, METRIC TITANIUM NITRIDE COATED ALLOY STEEL TAP & DIE SET
45 PC, SAE TITANIUM NITRIDE COATED ALLOY STEEL TAP & DIE SET
1/2" PLANETARY GEAR REVERSIBLE PNEUMATIC DRILL
3/8'' REVERSIBLE AIR DRILL
3/8'' AIR ANGLE DRILL
2'' AIR ANGLE SANDER
HIGH SPEED AIR BODY SAW