Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Drying dishes in a dishwasher

Leave the door open. Being warm does not help if there is no place for
the moisture to go.

In the winter go ahead and use the dry cycle. There will be very little
cost since the heat used will go towards warming your home. On the other
hand during the summer with the A/C on you take a double hit since you pay
for the heat and then you pay to pump it outside.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

"Terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been told that the dry cycle of the dishwasher is the energy hog
so I quit using it.

I was going to use something I had just washed in the dishwasher. When
I opened the door it was still warm inside.

My question is will the dishes dry faster if I leave them inside with
the door closed (while warm) or open the door and let the water
evaporate?