Posted to alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

Default Drying dishes in a dishwasher

On Jan 25, 3:26 pm, "Terry" wrote:
I have been told that the dry cycle of the dishwasher is the energy hog
so I quit using it.

I was going to use something I had just washed in the dishwasher. When
I opened the door it was still warm inside.

My question is will the dishes dry faster if I leave them inside with
the door closed (while warm) or open the door and let the water
evaporate?

With my Whirlpool 980, I've never used the dry cycle in 20 years. I
always just leave the door closed, but then again I don't unload the
dishwasher for quite awhile.

Now you've got me curious, why don't you run a couple of tests and then
report back?