Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Hartigan Mike Hartigan is offline

Default Where is that Global Warming Al Gore? (Need help on house.)

So the Left misinterpreted what the scientists were saying (that's
called 'lying', in the political arena today) and crammed it down our
collective throats in order to further a political agenda. Perhaps,
had I single-quoted 'scientific consensus' in my comment regarding
global cooling, it would have been more to the point.

There's a curious statement made in that article:

"[...] they recommended more research, not action. Which was entirely
appropriate to the state of the science at the time. In the last 30
years, of course, enormous progress has been made in the field of
climate science."

In other words, "Last time, were didn't know what we were talking
about. This time, we're really, really sure!"

(that doesn't sound just a little bit arrogant to you?)

Note, I'm not saying that global warming is a myth. Indeed, the
controversy is not over the warming, itself, rather it's over its
causes and what, if anything, we should do about it. I'm merely
pointing out that the skepticism is not without just cause.

In article ,
says...
Hi Mike,

The following article may provide you with a better understanding as
to what scientists were thinking back then and why.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=94

Cheers,
Paul

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:13:32 -0600, Mike Hartigan
wrote:

[....]

Cynicism on this subject is due, in part, to numerous prior 'sky is
falling' predictions, also crammed down our throats by the left -
global cooling, for example. Back in the 70's, there was scientific
consensus was that we were in a hopeless spiral toward a new Ice Age
because the Conservatives of the day just didn't give a damn about
pollution. "Fool me once, shame on you..."