Posted to alt.home.repair
F.H. F.H. is offline

Default Where is that Global Warming Al Gore? (Need help on house.)

Paul M. Eldridge wrote:
My apologies; I managed to lose the text of my reply.

On 25 Jan 2007 06:02:54 -0800, wrote:

Or how about some of the other bandwagons that the scientific/political
community jumped on, only to be proven wrong? Remember how in the
70s they told us that because of fat, eating butter was going to kill
us? So, they recommended replacing it with margarine, made out of
transfats. Now, according to current thinking, it turns out the
margarine was far worse. So bad, in fact, that NYC just past a law
barring it from all restaurants.

Let's be clear. New York City did NOT ban the use of margarine in
restaurants; the ban pertains to artificial trans fats and margarine
that does not contain artificial trans fats can still be used.

It was a Red Herring anyway.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...d-herring.html