Dan Caster

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

Hey haven't you noticed that I am one of those voucher advocates 8-) ?

First not all public school teachers are inept, etc. I do some
volunteering at the local high school. But I am sure that some of
them are inept, etc. Some of it is because of the administration at
some of the schools. We had some inept engineers at work too and it
was because the management never actually fired anyone. So some
engineers never bothered to learn anything new after they graduated.
Of course in Aerospace, we usually had periodic layoffs and generally
the more inept were the ones that were laid off.

So I think part of the problem is the management and that some of the
inept teachers can be motivated. Some will have to go, but if the
schools improve more people will stay in teaching and more will be
attracted to teaching. Now if you really want to cause hate and
discontent, consider importing teachers from some other countries. We
could grant visas to qualified teachers from countries as England,
Ireland, Australia, New Zealand. Maybe some of those from India that
speak well enough to do telephone support. What is the visa? H1B or
something.

Yesterday I helped cheer up one of the teachers at the high school. A
parent had come in without bothering to make an appointment to
complain that her kid should have gotten a higher grade. Just as well
she did not complain to me.

Some subjects would benefit from computer aided instruction too. They
keep saying that there are not enough math and science teachers. But
those subjects could have more of the subject presented on a computer
with end of the chapter tests to let the teacher know who was
comprehending and who needed help.

Dan

jim rozen wrote in message

But Dan, the one cornerstone of the voucher advocates is that
public school teachers are inept, inefficient, and overpaid.
They won't get hired by the private schools they're so bad.
So I re-iterate Fitch's question, where do the new, good,
cheap teachers come from?

Jim

please reply to: