Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Neta heat / Potterton 10/16 boiler cycling?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:55:12 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Ed Sirett
writes
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:23:42 +0000, raden wrote:

In message . com,
adder1969 writes

On Jan 23, 9:37 pm, raden wrote:
There are several documented cases (which I'm sure you can find on the
internet) of them exploding

Some of them suffered from "pre-ignition", which is a polite word for
explosion in the gas industry

As a boiler it should be treated with respect if you don't know what you
are doing

Actually no, I can't find any cases but I don't doubt it considering
the "wooof" they make when they fire up.

Someone did post some links once upon time

One of my employees who's ex BG also confirmed it

I think it was the older model with the White-Rogers GV, which leaked.

Apart form posting my usual views on people who defeat boiler controls I'd
point out that defeating the controls on an Netaheat-electronic would take
some doing.

Yes, you couldn't get past the air pressure switch without an actual
switch, as the pcb requires the APS to be in the normally closed
position to bring the fan on

Probably the easiest way would be to make the pilot valve wiring drive both
gas valves simultaneously - and trust to a lot of luck.