Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Sink and faucet question

On Jan 24, 4:48 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased this kohler faucet

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...thumb&frm=null...

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

That's a pretty unusual faucet but really cool.

8" centers are mostly found on pedestal style sinks, "modern" sinks are
4"

Normally one has the sink & gets a faucet to match.

You could use:
1)a vanity top with an integral sink with 8" centers

I found some of these but they come as complete units: vanity, top/sink
WITH a faucet set...pretty spendy

http://www.nextag.com/General--27004...ink/brand-html
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...&prodID=14 18
http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/70010528/ (the cheapest)

OR

2) a wooden top vanity with a drop in basin w/o faucet holes, mount the
faucet in the vanity top (not my first choice)

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/produc...tem_no=c1502ws

OR

3)drop in basin w/ 8" centers

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/produc...m_no=whbtz59-8