Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink and faucet question

Hi everybody,

I recently purchased this kohler faucet

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...n=2&category=8

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...thumb&frm=null...

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

That's a pretty unusual faucet but really cool.

8" centers are mostly found on pedestal style sinks, "modern" sinks are
4"

Normally one has the sink & gets a faucet to match.

You could use:
1)a vanity top with an integral sink with 8" centers

I found some of these but they come as complete units: vanity, top/sink
WITH a faucet set...pretty spendy

http://www.nextag.com/General--27004...ink/brand-html
http://www.americanstandard-us.com/P...&prodID=14 18
http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/70010528/ (the cheapest)

OR

2) a wooden top vanity with a drop in basin w/o faucet holes, mount the
faucet in the vanity top (not my first choice)

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/produc...tem_no=c1502ws

OR

3)drop in basin w/ 8" centers

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/produc...m_no=whbtz59-8

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 6:48 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased this kohler faucet

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...thumb&frm=null...

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

Think you will find that kitchen sink standard is 8" OC, and vanity
are 4" OC. You can get 6", some places.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A Kohler 8" center faucet calls for a Kohler 8" center sink...

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=16

Or copy all of this text into Google: lavatory 8" center
-pedestal +"drop in"

Your sink is out there waiting for you!

On Jan 24, 7:48 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased this kohler faucet

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...thumb&frm=null...

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 24, 4:48 pm, wrote:
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased this kohler faucet

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...thumb&frm=null...

And unfortunately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a sink to fit
it. It has an 8 inch spread and Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to have
the size I am looking for. Many pedestal sinks come with faucet holes
drilled this distance apart but I am really looking for a vanity. Is
this a very unusual size for a sink??

Anthony

Kohler makes vanity sinks with this spacing, check the links on the
page you provided the link for. The list prices are pretty high but
you may find a deal online if you google it.