Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Where is that Global Warming Al Gore? (Need help on house.)

"# Fred #" wrote in message
And anyone who ridicules "global warming" because it happens
to be cool where they are really need to get a clue.
http://www.undoit.org/what_is_gb_myth.cfm

Bob

No ridicule intended, again it was a light joke. I don't know enough about
this issue to have conviction one way or another. From surfing the

internet
last night, all that I know is that the global warming issue, or

discussion
anyway, is where you have science mixed in with politics and the above
article you referenced to is from Environment Defense, a left wing group
with their own agenda, no? Form what little I know we had a few cycles of
global warming long before the SUVs and industrialization so this is one
more cycle, no? According to Wikipedia, we have scientific experts in this
field taken issue with this. All that I know is I'm freezing my ass off
again this morning and if its not global warming than why call it global?
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to save energy, doing my part and wouldn't
touch a SUV with a ten foot pole and trying to go green in the future if

my
wallet permits.

No offense was intended. I get tired of people that deny the problems
associated with global warming, and the scientific concensis about
it. It is too big of a problem to ignor.

A study was done recently of "peer reviewed" scientific literature
on the subject of global warming recently. Of 1000 articles selected
randomly from 10 years of published articles on the subject, not one
refuted global warming or refuted human influence in it. The scientific
concensis is clear. Even if it wasn't, can we afford to take the chance?

There is a tendancy in the current administration to ignor real science
whenever it is politically expedient. The number of scientific studies
and reports which have been modified before release by political
"hacks" is scary. Science should not be held captive to politics.

Bob