Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Where is that Global Warming Al Gore? (Need help on house.)

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Al's at a global warming conference in Denver
Frank

You could thank him for me for the invention of the internet when you see
him in Denver!

Al Gore NEVER claimed to have invented the internet.
http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm

Easy Bob, its was a joke not a political statement. Besides, Al Gore is too
smart to make that claim even though he open himself to that interpretation.
Whenever you have divas, actors and politicians taking scientific issues and
passing themselves as experts, I'm a little concern vis-a-vis An
Inconvenient Truth. At any rate, I like Al Gore and he could have been a
good president if it wasn't for his sidekick messing around in the
Whitehouse.

And anyone who ridicules "global warming" because it happens
to be cool where they are really need to get a clue.
http://www.undoit.org/what_is_gb_myth.cfm

Bob

No ridicule intended, again it was a light joke. I don't know enough about
this issue to have conviction one way or another. From surfing the internet
last night, all that I know is that the global warming issue, or discussion
anyway, is where you have science mixed in with politics and the above
article you referenced to is from Environment Defense, a left wing group
with their own agenda, no? Form what little I know we had a few cycles of
global warming long before the SUVs and industrialization so this is one
more cycle, no? According to Wikipedia, we have scientific experts in this
field taken issue with this. All that I know is I'm freezing my ass off
again this morning and if its not global warming than why call it global?
Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to save energy, doing my part and wouldn't
touch a SUV with a ten foot pole and trying to go green in the future if my
wallet permits.