Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Neta heat / Potterton 10/16 boiler cycling?

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:55:36 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:30:50 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp do an exchange control board for £30 + VAT
+ delivery.

That's a good price for what I assume would be a guaranteed unit
Peter. Especially if it's to find out that it's not that?

No connection with company but my Neta Heat failed yesterday
:-( so I was looking for spares today.

Oh. Doh, of course .. it's getting cold isn't it! ;-(

It's now working for no apparent
reason but will undoubtably stop again when it gets colder.

Ah, that's just a trap so you don't continue fault finding again ...

I have a manual
with a fault finding chart that I could copy if you want. Please reply
through group as my email doesn't work anymore.

Ok, that could be handy Peter. A mate has found a control unit in his
van (only after I mentioned "shame we don't know someone who had just
pulled one of these boilers out and has a known working one .."
(though he can't remember if it was good or bad)) and I'm going to
pick it up tonight and see what happens. If it doesn't work I might be
onto you again for the info (thanks).

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. my email is good.

The Electronics module is the same as the Pott. Profile boilers.

One low tech possibility is that as soon as the main gas lights the pilot
flame is diverted a little and the flame failure immediately stops the
main gas valve.