Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Another Phone Wiring Q

"Sparks" wrote

Run the two wires to the loft, as you were going to.
Leave the normal BT faceplate on,
connect one set of wires to terminals 2 & 5 (Using a pair, usually blue)
of the BT faceplate.
Install a second master socket upstairs, connecting to the A&B

Thanks Sparks

To clarify, do the incoming service provider terminals A and B just "pass
through" the normal masterbox and present as pins 2 and 5?
Does it matter which is which ie pin 2 to terminal A and pin 5 to terminal
B? (so I can get it right on the masterbox in the loft).

So there's nothing to stop me setting this up ahead of the broadband
install:

Transfer the location of the incoming A & B terminals to the loft via
existing cable using 2 cores only
Connect this to A & B in new masterbox
Fit ADSL faceplate splitter to new masterbox
Connect existing extensions to 2, 3 and 5 terminals of spitter.

Wait for broadband setup from provider!

Last question...

How do I connect terminals A & B in new loft masterbox to an RJ11 socket for
modem/router? Which pins do terminals A & B become in the RJ11?

Phil