Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Steve Steve is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:12:16 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's becomign clear. You are a cheapskate and buying locks at
Home Cheepo

Why so cruel?

CY: Cause people like you don't hire people like me to come out
and do the work that I studied and trained to do.

You studied? Trained? I didn't know they had classes in breaking things.

What's wrong with learning?

CY: You can apprentice like anyone else. Learning is good. But
expecting it for free is different.

WTF do you think Usenet exists?

What's wrong with Home Depot?

CY: They are my competition.

LMAO Saying they are your competition implies they know or care you exist.

What's wrong with helping others on the usenet?

CY: What's wrong with asking (for free) for the wisdom I worked
to learn?

Busting peoples stuff up and then charging them for it doesn't count as
'working'.

I saw scores of other people in Home Depot and here that knew

as little as
I about locks. Are we all "cheapskates" just for shopping at

Home Depot and
asking questions on the usenet?

CY: Yep. Compared to getting good service by hiring a pro.

'Pro' just means somebody who is paid. You are paid and have no clue what
the hell you are doing.

I don't even KNOW where a good place to buy home hardware is

other than
Home Depot or OSH or Sears.

CY: Hint: Open yellow pages. Look under L section. Look for
heading "Locksmith".

And what would you install? Yeah a kwikset since it's the only thing your
supplier (Home Depot) has you will buy since you were befuddled by the new
style Schlage.

A door lock seems like a common enough
household item that Home Depot or OSH should stock the ones

that you
suggest. Plus, based on this discussion, I was under the

impression that I
could leave the door KNOB as a weak lock as long as the

deadbolt was a
stronger lock.

Are the Tylo deadbolts also succeptible to the cylinder removal

puller?
CY: Well, your ignorance is showing again. I'm not going to tell
you why.

Asking a question is not ignorance. It's an attempt to avoid it. If you
asked some questions before trying some of the myriad of things you are
totally ignorant of how to do correctly you might get some repeat customers
and not have to nash your teeth over people buying the junk you sell from
Home Depot.

As per your suggestion, I'll go back to Home Depot and ask for

the "Titans"
but I don't remember seeing the name of the lock anywhere on

the Kwikset
package. I think I'm stuck with Kwikset for now because of all

my five inch
latches.

CY: Actually, my suggestion is to call a locksmith. You're being
a cheepskate, still.

One thing is for sure after you are done F'ing up there stuff and charging
them to do it none of your customers get off cheap.

Which doesn't surprise me, cause leopards
seldom change t heir spots.

Which is why you are still butchering AC's, Refrigerators, Furnaces,
Radiators and anything else to slow to get out of your way.

Does anyone know if Home Depot sells the Kwikset Titans?
Especially the grade 2 or grade 1 deadbolts which I am banking

my security
on?

CY: If you want security, call a locksmith.

LOL Like you who brags he has kwiksets on his own doors?

If so, we ALL can go back to Home Depot to switch out our

deadbolts
(although with a glass door, even with a deadbolt, I wonder how

much it
really matters to have grade 1 locks).

CY: Your local locksmith can answer qeustions.