Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default Exploded NiCd Batteries

wrote in
ps.com:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I especially like the "follow manufacturers instructions" part.
Just need to overcome my "reading inhibitions". :-)ooo

FWIW, this happened because I was doing a fast charge.
I'm usually very careful to stop the process as soon as there
is any heat.

But this time I got called to dinner when I should have been
watching the stew. Actually more like pop-corn!

On a more serious note, I am reminded about how familiarity breeds
contempt and can often lead to compromising safety.

Anyway, cleaned up the mess. No real harm seems to have been
done except I prolly blew up about $60.00 worth of nicad cells.

We're all SO glad you don't work in a mutions factory... :-)