Dan Caster

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

You may be right about a) b) and even c). But I do question whether
we need more teachers for a mix of public and private schools than we
do if there are only public schools. Vouchers may encourage people to
have more kids, but otherwise you still have the same number of kids.

And as a taxpayer, I don't care about c) as long as it doesn't cost me
more in taxes and the parents and kids believe that having a choice is
better than not having a choice.

If you are going to fix the problem where it is, what would you do?

Swing by the Field Library and look at the Arts and Leisure section of
the Wall Street Journal. There is a review of a book on waste and
fraud in public schools in three cities. One is New York. The review
did not have much in the way of facts and figures, but the book might.

Dan

jim rozen wrote in message

I sure agree that public schools can always be improved, but
my suspicion is that vouchers a)wil shift the same problems
over in to the private sector, b) not magically produce
more teachers to staff the influx into private schools, and
c) are probabaly a attempt to end-run the first amendment
issues so that parents can sent their kids to religious
schools on the taxpayer nickel.

I would advocate fixing the problem where it is, rather than
generating new ones.

Jim
Jim

please reply to: