Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
says...
Around here Acre Foot is quite common (about 326,000 gallons, 1233 cubic
meters).

Baloney. What water utility measures *residential* water usage in acre-
feet?? Agricultural or industrial, perhaps. But residential? No way.

That also happens to be a approximate amount that a family of
4 uses in a year.

Baloney again. Do the math.

No, wait, here, I'll do it for you, since you're obviously "challenged"
in that area.

1 a-f = 326000 gallons (you did get that part right -- but that's all)
326000 gallons in a year = 892 gallons PER DAY
Now divide by 4 people...

223 gallons PER PERSON PER DAY.

Baloney.

As Will Rogers once said "I only know what I read in the paper".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acre-foot