Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge Paul M. Eldridge is offline

Default What does the water company charge you for?

Some of these numbers have me scratching my head. Between September
23rd and January 2nd, our two-person household averaged 137 litres per
day; that's 18.2 gallons per person, per day.

We both shower every day, we do an average of two to three loads of
laundry each week, we run the dishwasher once every four to five days
and we flush toilets after use. Nothing, I assume, too far out of the
ordinary.

I realize our consumption falls below most households and twice the
water commission has sent someone out to verify that our meter is
working correctly (no problems found). Still, we would need to
increase our consumption six fold just to bring it up to what is said
to be the national average, and the only way we could do that would be
to leave both kitchen taps running.

Cheers,
Paul