Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What does the water company charge you for?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
lid says...
Not for me. I know how much a gallon is and I can relate to using any
quantity. Using x units of water makes no intuitive sense to me.

Only because you haven't troubled yourself to find out what units your
water utility is using.

A "ton" has a uniform definition.

Uh-huh. Right. Which "ton" are you talking about, the one that weighs
2000 pounds, the one that weighs 2240 pounds, or the one that weighs
1000 kilograms?

In order for it to make sense to me I would have to determine what the
"unit" might mean.

So how hard is it, exactly, to call the water utility and ask them what
it means?

That would require a local phonecall, using a telephone, and speaking to
another human being.