Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
lsmartino lsmartino is offline

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

Andrew VK3BFA ha escrito:
lsmartino wrote:
It has been found that the subject under study, in this case Rod Speed
has a compulsion to answer to anything, even to himself :-D

I am starting to wonder about this - remember the "Turing Test" for AI
- you have a conversation, via a teleprinter, with the "robot" in
another room. If you cant distinguish the reply from that of a person,
then it passes the Turing Test.

Your testing seems to show that Rod might, indeed, be a robot. A bloody
good one - had me fooled for along time.

But the inability, or unwillingness, to answer ANY direct questions
seems to suggest it is an AI program. Probably someones thesis, and
they are keeping track of how much "conversation" Rod manages to
continue.

If its a good one, it should have some sort of adaptive learning
algorithm built in......

If Rod is a robot, it is probably still in development. Please notice
the fact that as soon it reachs the end of its script, or possible
answers, it has the tendency to repeat the same answer over and over,
in an endless loop. This seems to me like a software bug, but surely
the AI programmers behind the Rod project are working hard to correct
it. Probably they didnīt knew about this bug, because our testing made
it surface. Maybe they will incorpore some sort of adaptive learning
algorithm into the robot, as we clearly demonstrated that the Rod
project is laking one badly, or has a non functional one. :-)

Have fun!