Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What does the water company charge you for?

"George" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Steve Barker" wrote in message
Having lived within 300 miles my whole life, I guess I'm am in fact not
familiar with other places water meters. Every place I've ever lived
had read out directly in gallons.

Same here. I don't understand why some nerd with a pocket protector would
bother to create an arbitrary unit of measurement, other than to justify
his job at the water authority.

I don't think it would be the nerd who is responsible. Decisions like that
are often made by the creative ambiguity manager of the marketing
department. And it even extends to stuff like life insurance. You may have
heard that sleezy TV commercial "you can buy life insurance for only
$10/unit".

Dilbert's boss is running the world. Seriously. Or, Dogbert.