Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Infinity crossover coil value

"Speedskater" wrote in message

Bob, if in your first usage, you had said "using the
Sencore ring test" we would not be having this
discussion.

Exactly.

I think of a Sencore as an old multi-meter.

One finds a lot of Sencore equipment in TV repair shops. I last spent any
time at all in a TV repair shop before I graduated from high school.

I had no idea that Sencore had a special coil test.

If I sat down and thought about it for a while, I'd figure out that Sencore
did have a flyback transformer tester in their product line, and that it
should have a shorted turn detector in it.

To me rings out is an old telephone term.

Agreed. It also has meaning in the context of live sound which is yet
another area where Bob likes to pretend that I'm an idiot.