Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Ice gutter heat strips.......... any such thing?

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:07:12 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need to add gutters to my cabin this spring because the rain makes it
all
muddy right around the cabin and I want to channel the water away. In the
winter, they become ice days, dangerous and heavy.

Does anyone here use a heat strip to keep the ice down? There are two 35'
runs.

Steve

I think when I looked at a box of heating strips, they showed how you
can just lay it in a gutter and a down spout, to keep it free of ice.
Might wan to simply check the instructions that came with the runs you
have.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

I need just the kind that lays in the gutter. The roof is metal, and I
don't want to weave all those lines along the bottom of the roof. I think
that just the gutter heaters would do it. And be invisible inside the
gutters. Doing it the other way with all that exposed wire would be ugly.

Steve