Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Bob Urz Bob Urz is offline

Default Infinity crossover coil value

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"BOB Urz" "sound"@(remove) inetnebr.com wrote in
message

When i can get no rings out of them on the sencore, you
can about guarantee some turns are shorted.

That appears to be self-contradictory.

Are you trying to saythat even though the coils pass a
shorted-turn test, you still think they are too far gone
to be worth measuring?

You DON'T understand Arny.

Right Bob I can't read your mind. You wrote a post in a way that would only
be meaningful to someone who had experience with a specific piece of fairly
esoteric test equipment.

Well , lets see. I said i got no rings, and that about guarantees a
shorted turns. You (who obviously doesn't know about ringers), says
it appears to be contradictory. So, you obviously thought you knew
something about ringers to make your statement "that appears to be self
contradictory". If you did no know what a ringer or ring test on a coil
was, goggle was a few key strokes away.

The proper response would have been, I don't know about how ring tests
work. Can you tell me how or supply a link? (which i eventually did).
I am milady surprise with your wide knowledge base you did not know
how a basic piece of electronic test gear works

I see you have not took up my challenge to reverse engineer the coils
values. Guess your not up for a challenge today.

bob