Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Framed dollhouse structure

On Jan 21, 4:54*pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
I don't think the framing would be as difficult as you're making it

out to be; but a slate roof sounds fairly gruesome - first you'd have
to split the slate to scale, then you'd need a slate hammer small
enough to tap out the nail holes, ...

How about a copper roof?

Copper is fine. I'd almost bet that before I'm through looking, I find
someone making scale slate slabs for roofing.

| My vestigial math skills went and hid as soon as I considered that.

Not to worry - just get yourself a CAD package and let it worry about
the trig. :-)

Ew. I have to use CAD, but, so far, about 75% of the time when I
measure an angle from the CAD, or, rather, when I transfer the measured
angle, it is miserably inexact in real life. This may be my ineptness,
but it's a great hindrance anyway.

B'sides, just think how much fun it'll be to do all that gingerbread
trim. Hmm - I bet John Morehead could help out with that part...

Gingerbread trim is the easiest part--about every bit of it you could
desire is available in different scales, from porch posts on to gable
end trim.

I dunno. I may work up a replica of a house that no longer exists, my
grandmother's place. The farm that surrounded it is a development now,
and the house burned down years ago, but...I can still remember a lot
of it. Doesn't have to be accurate, sort of a late 19th century
Piedmont Virginia farmhouse in a stucco design.