Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Snow makes motion sensor turn on

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:52:29 -0600, Mike Ryan
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:31:20 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:32:58 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mike Ryan" wrote in message
Is it normal for falling snow to make a motion sensor turn the light
on, or do I just have a crappy sensor? It stayed on almost all night
from the falling snow until I finally shut it off completely. I just
bought and installed this unit a few weeks ago, so it's going back to
the store if it's just this particular brand or model. I bought this
thing to save electricity, not waste more.

Let's look at the facts here. You have a MOTION detector. The snow was
moving. The conclusion is . . . . . .

And the remedy is to stop the snow from moving.

Any idea where I can buy a remote snow stopper? lol

X-10?

Next summer, we'll discuss high winds and tree branches with lots of leaves
on them.

Oh, goody.

When I received and read my previous post, both sentences sounded
sarcastic towards Edwin. Neither were meant to be.