Posted to alt.home.repair
cavedweller cavedweller is offline

Default Snow makes motion sensor turn on

Mike Ryan wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 05:57:40 -0800, "cavedweller"
wrote:

Mike Ryan wrote:
Is it normal for falling snow to make a motion sensor turn the light
on, or do I just have a crappy sensor? It stayed on almost all night
from the falling snow until I finally shut it off completely. I just
bought and installed this unit a few weeks ago, so it's going back to
the store if it's just this particular brand or model. I bought this
thing to save electricity, not waste more.

Does it have a sensitivity adjustment?
If so, adjust it.
If not, you could get one that does.

There are 2 adjustments. Distance and Time.
I know the time only affects how long it stays on.

I dont believe the distance one would be considered sensitivity, but I
will try changing it. The manual is not very useful or detailed.

I'm only familiar with the kind that have three controls, one of which
is sensitivity.