Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Pruning trees in the winter

"jb" wrote in message
I would like to use some time during the cold months to do some pruning as
time is available. I live in central Indiana. Is there any problem with
this?

I've heard numerous comments about this,
http://www.emmitsburg.net/gardens/ar...and_shrubs.htm

Seems to sum it up nicely. Basically tree branches can break at any time of
the year so cutting off limbs in an of itself won't hurt the tree - but you
have to ponder what the pruning is for .

My own state's department of ecology also indicates that painting the
affected part doesn't help and letting it heal naturally works just fine.
But again, I'd start surfing Google for more input.