Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Ice gutter heat strips.......... any such thing?

"Oren" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:07:12 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need to add gutters to my cabin this spring because the rain makes it
all
muddy right around the cabin and I want to channel the water away. In the
winter, they become ice days, dangerous and heavy.

Does anyone here use a heat strip to keep the ice down? There are two 35'
runs.

Steve

Check this Steve.. It may work for you. I get cold thinking about...

http://www.heatersplus.com/roofcable.htm

--
Oren

Steve, these really work well. We used them years ago in 'another life' and
we did not have the auto sensor control, having to rely on memory and a
switch. Spend the $67 on the 'Optional RS-2 Roof Cable Deicing Control'
since you won't be around to monitor it and leaving it on will be costly.