Posted to alt.home.repair
thetiler thetiler is offline

Default Tile or Cabinets, which first?

Norminn wrote:
clipped

| Here's why you do the cabinets first......
| snipped the stupid comments
left in the good advice

| It's not against the law to do the tile first, but in all the
| new construction jobs I've done, it was 'cabinets first'

| thetiler

Dolthead wrote:
actually
you NEVER tile first
the weight of the cabinets with countertops (especially natural stone)
will crack the new tiles.

Weight of the cabinets? That, especially, does not make sense. What
about the fridge? The weight of the cabinets is spread out, and there
is no "give" beneath them.

This is why one should refrain from posting when one
has no clue what they're saying. Dolt thinks the psi from
the cabinets and tops is greater than the psi of a small
refrigerator wheel on the tile.

Dolt should stick to installing cabinets or basketweaving
or whatever he does, and stay out of the tile threads.
Plus he's not being helpful, an important reason to be
posting here.

thetiler