Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default Ground Union????

J.C. wrote:
We got a propane heater the other day. The installation instructions call
for a "ground union" between the incoming on/off valve and the heater
connection. What's a "ground union" and what happens if I don't use one?

JC

I might be totally wrong with this but I believe a ground union is a
connector that is grounded to allow static electricity to dischage
safely. I believe this is only used on fixed natural gas or the big
propane tanks.

If you Google "ground union" propane there are a bunch of pdf
files explaining what they are .

Like all gas things I assume if something goes wrong you get a fire and
massive explosion