Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Framed dollhouse structure

Lew Hodgett wrote:

| wrote:
|
| Hope you're a patient man, because as a builder of stick built
| old time model airplanes, this will take about 4X what you
| imagine. But it's a labor of love!
|
| You do tickle the cob webs of my memory.
|
| Spent a lot of time building balsa, stick model airplanes in my
| youth.
|
| Lots of straight pins and quick dry, Testors model airplane glue
| gets
| the job done.
|
| Even won a few prizes at the County fair with some of them.

What's even more fun is that there're people building "stick models"
with spruce and epoxy and Dacron that when finished, they climb in and
fly.

AFAICT from looking, it's the same kind of construction - but they do
seem a lot more preoccupied with making everything "just so" than I
remember being while putting my old Comet models together...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar