Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Snow makes motion sensor turn on

Mike Ryan wrote:
Is it normal for falling snow to make a motion sensor turn the light
on, or do I just have a crappy sensor? It stayed on almost all night
from the falling snow until I finally shut it off completely. I just
bought and installed this unit a few weeks ago, so it's going back to
the store if it's just this particular brand or model. I bought this
thing to save electricity, not waste more.

My motion activated lights are reliable. They have a sensitiviy
adjustment and yours should also. I turn them off when I don't want
them on especially in the summer when they attract too many bugs.