Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Venturi Showers

On 21 Jan 2007 03:12:15 -0800 someone who may be "dcbwhaley"
wrote this:-

a venturi shower - this seems ideal, simple plumbing no electrical
work. So what is the dowmside to this. Anyone have any experience
with them or know which brands are best?

Provided the design and installation instructions are followed there
are few complaints with them. The instructions are available on the
web and can be found with search engines. There are only a few
models to research.

A further point. I am thinking of having my water metered for a trial
period but reading the small print it seems that the water board will
not let you revert to unmetered water if you have, among others, a
power shower. Is a Venturi classed as a power shower ?

Ask them. It probably depends on their personal whim.

If you are part of a large family then a water meter often means
higher bills, if you live alone or are part of a small family then a
meter usually means smaller bills. However, it depends on the water
consumption, which can vary wildly between apparently similar
families.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh