Ted Edwards

Default Electrolytic rust removal question

Orrin Iseminger wrote:

I've only mixed a five gallon batch according to your recipe. I've
never been able to see any difference between the results it brings
and the results my weaker solutions yield in the large tanks.

The big difference between us is that I was doing occassional cleaning
and plating and was concerned about deterioration of solutions sitting
around in tanks. I, therefore, pursued brush cleaning and plating and
never really tried a more dilute solution in a tank. I would guess that
the more dilute solution *might* take longer to work. This would be a
PITA for brush work.

I would say that if you don't see any difference in performance, dillute
it even further until you do. I would appreciate hearing the results.

Ted