Andy Jeffries

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:08:46 +0100, PoP wrote:
Without reading the terms of the warranty it would seem to me that
during the first 12 months the drill is covered by ScrewFix,
thereafter by Erbauer. However you'd need to check that (with ScrewFix
initially).

And remember that a warranty is supplemental to your consumer rights. If
you wanted to kick up a fuss (which you apparently don't) you would kick
up with ScrewFix and have them return it to Erbauer. Obviously it would
make more sense for you to return it to them yourselves, however if it
subsequently fails ScrewFix could say "this isn't the drill we sold you
nor an authorised replacement and it hasn't been repaired by/through us".

Anyway, I think they'd be happy repairing/replacing it given your VIP
status, just wanted to remind people that the warranty is additional to
your consumer rights which covers you for up to 6 years from purchase.

Cheers,

Andy