Tony 9-5 Tony 9-5 is offline
Junior Member

Default Regulations

Hi I'm new to the forum and hope you can provide advice.

I recently moved to a house with a Worcester 280 Combi boiler.

The heating is proving difficult to control as it relies on thermostatic radiator valves and no room stat is fitted. Seems pretty expensive too as the boiler runs much more than it needs to.

Anyway, can I fit a room stat myself (the job seems straightfoward and there is provision on the control board by removing a wire link and wiring the stat in), or do I need to get an approved person to do the work? Part L seems to refer to new installations.

As there will be mains power to the stat, is this classed as a new installation under part P of building regs?

Many thanks.