Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

Alan wrote in message
The 3000 mile myth has been passed on from generation to generation,
even as oils have progressed from single-weight non-detergent oils, to
multi-weight detergent oils.

Maybe in your infinite understanding of such things it's a
myth. However it is printed in black and white in every new
car manual I've gotten in the last 20 years with I bought a
new car.

Most new cars recommend 3000 miles under severe conditions. For normal
use, 7500 is typical today as stated in my GM and Hyundai manuals. I've
been doing that in my cars for years. Works well for my driving conditions.
The oil change places give you that little sticker for 3000 miles under any
condition because they want to sell oil changes.

The manual also states that you should use genuine GM washer fluid too. Do
you?