Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill Berkshire Bill is offline

Default Galvanized round duct, can I substitute flex aluminum for part of the run?

"andy everett" wrote in message
newsU7sh.8$dk1.5@trndny03...
I would like to shift some galvanized 6 inch round duct in a joist space. I
would like to splice in some 6 inch flex aluminum duct at each end so the
duct could be shifted one way or the other for some hi-hat lights. Would
doing so violate code or good practice?

Thank you for any help.

I would stick with galvanized. Flex aluminum will add some flow restriction
if it's not completely expanded and look like a bad patch job. A couple six
inch collars cut and crimped wouldn't be that hard.

Bill