Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Finishing drywall question.

required type and thickness of drywall is to be finished and sealed,
primered, painted in buffalo ny in a heated single home.
complete drywall info at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheetrock
ahead: long, no answer, question needs more info: this type of
construction may require properly installed single or double layer
rated 5/8"X fire coded drywall depending on your building's permitted
use as determined by your address/town/zoning ordinances. this is a
broad question best answered locally. for tips on installation, see
drywall manufacturer's website. determine where? climate, humidity
day/night, building codes. why? for what use? is this a sleeping studio
apartment? is this heated year-round? does the garage structure connect
to a residential dwelling? will this be an additional dwelling? how?
construction type of existing garage, attached dwelling]. there is
exterior fire rated drywall manufactured as well. if the garage is
attached/detached from the home there is a different answer, also if
there is one/two/three or more units of residents in the property has a
different answer. was insulation required?

wrote:
I have a studio in my garage in which I lowered the ceiling. I've
finished all of the drywall on the walls. But I never got around to
doing the ceiling. No tape yet or anything. I was thinking.. could I
sort of wallpaper it with posters and not worry about finishing it?
Would it be as effective in covering the gaps and such?