Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
The Real Bev The Real Bev is offline

Default Planned Obselescence....A Good Thing?

Madness wrote:

Hey, I still have an IBM Model "M" 101 "clicky" from the original PS/2
line. Has some weight to it and won't slide around while typing (which
the main thing I hate about those modern "cheapies").

Me too. Every once in a while we find one at a yard sale, so we probably
have a lifetime supply. They feel and sound good. What could be better?

Also, a Microsoft
optical mouse which is about 8 or 9 years old and still going strong.

I had a [yard sale, not new] M$ mouse that stopped working, and have used
nothing but the cheap Inland optical mice from Fry's for several years. The
one I used most started responding erratically to wheel-turning, so I
replaced it with a cheap A4Tech equivalent, also from Fry's. So far, so good.

And speaking of Fry's: They sent me a check themselves when the company
weaseled out of the properly-completed rebate. They claimed that the
'Rebate Receipt' was improper and that I should have sent the regular
receipt. Fry's handled it properly. Screw K-World.

--
Cheers,
Bev