Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Wall Wart Tidy

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:28:38 -0000, tim..... wrote:

One problem is that manufactures can't agree on a standard
plug into their device.

You don't *need* a standard plug, I already said that could be a problem
due to the design of modern portable electronics. A simple adapter from
the kits connector to a standard one must be cheaper than a PSU/charger.

Or go down the connector less toothbrush route, with a literal drop in
charger. Couple the power in via induction. Have a standard field
strength in the hole, device has pickup coil sized to collect as much
power at the voltage it needs.

They deliberately don't have a comon standard, and change them
frequently, so that you have to buy new accessories.

Every new bit of kit has a different supply. I don't think I've seen any
change during a given products life.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail