Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Any landlords out there?

Thanks for the reply.

--
Steve Barker

"John~ "
wrote in message
. net...

Congratulations on leading "The Simple Life"g. I have used a similar
system for twelve years and it works fine.

In my case I use a "Six Column Analysis Pad" that I get at Office
Creepo. I list the properties down the side and label the columns
exactly like the 1040 Schedule E, i.e. Rent, Utilities, Supplies,
Repairs, Cleaning&Maintenance, etc. I have a page for each month and
page 13 is a "Recap" which includes annual totals that go directly into
Turbo Tax.

I also have a dedicated credit card account that is used solely for
rental property purchases. I have the ultimate high tech system to
organize purchase receipts; it's called a plastic shoebox. There is a
binder clip on the edge of the box that holds cash receipts for $1.98
purchases that aren't worth using plastic for. When I accumulate a
pile of them, I total them, staple them together, write myself a check
and toss them in the box.

I tried MYOB and Quicken, but it was a hassle for only a few entries a
month. The K-I-S-S principle works just fine for me.

John