Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Wall Wart Tidy

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:54:54 GMT, John wrote:

The annoying thing is that in our "green" culture we keep getting a new
charger every time we buy a new device. Something universal would be
great - if makers could agree on a voltage, etc -

Quite agree, it's effectively already been done with USB and PoE. I think
something like the PoE system would be ideal. A fairly high (42 or is it
48v in the case of PoE) voltage feed and DC-DC convertors in the kit to
make that into what ever the kit needs to live on. It would also be nice
to standardise the connector but that is rather harder due to the size
and design of modern portable electronics. But there is nothing to stop
there being a standard that could be used and have adpaters for the tiny
kit.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail