Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Storm water and sewer

John wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Is it allowable to drain the rainwater from my conservatory into the
main sewer, as this is more conveniently located than the storm
drains

Almost certainly not in about 95% of areas.
It used to be done a lot, but its being phased out..rainwater is good
water....

Do I infer correctly from this that 'they' route storm drain water
(gulleys they call them here) into reservoirs? Don't tell me they're
doing something right?

I'm sure that on our estate (1960s) our rain drains join the sewer
drains, at each house. Do they build them differently now?

John

They've been building them split this way for about 25-35 yrs, depending on
where you live, certainly almost all houses older than 35-40 years old have
one drain that takes away everything in one pipe.