Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Storm water and sewer

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Is it allowable to drain the rainwater from my conservatory into the
main sewer, as this is more conveniently located than the storm drains

Almost certainly not in about 95% of areas.
It used to be done a lot, but its being phased out..rainwater is good
water....

Do I infer correctly from this that 'they' route storm drain water
(gulleys they call them here) into reservoirs? Don't tell me they're
doing something right?

I'm sure that on our estate (1960s) our rain drains join the sewer
drains, at each house. Do they build them differently now?

John